Why You Should Spend More Time Thinking About Content Marketing
When you go to a restaurant and pick up a menu, your eyes immediately dart to a dish that has been exotically described even though it has the most plain ingredients. Why is that so? Over the years of evolution, our minds have been conditioned by various mediums to value the words of advertisement. We believe the taglines of ‘you’re worth it’ and ‘taste the thunder’ in such a fashion that the commodity in itself becomes very much desirable even though it’s not something we immediately need.
In short, that is the power of good marketing. It convinces you to purchase it or if not that, at least consider the product and recognize it whenever you see the same on a massive billboard on your side while stuck in the evening traffic.
Just like other approaches, content marketing is also a strategic marketing approach which aims to provide relevant, reliable and uniform content in order to create and maintain a consistent audience which can also turn out to be potential consumers later on. For this, you must be clear about the needs, questions, wants and interests of your audience. Your content should be valuable to them or else they won’t spend another second looking at it. When it comes across to people that your business or your organisation understands the needs of ‘people like me’, I would automatically start believing in your credibility and want to engage in transactions with you.
Building on this general understanding of good content marketing, let us see why it is important that you take out time to think about strategizing this approach.
1. Building visitor trust: By publishing content that showcases your expertise, you can gain and build on the trust your visitors place on your business. If you are a yoga instructor, for instance, you can update your content with your recent achievements. This will build trust as the more content you create and share with your visitors, the clearer it will become that you are an expert in your field.
2. Brand awareness: What even is your business if people don’t know about it? With the right kind of content marketing, you can significantly increase traffic to your site so that the audience remains consistent and they get to know about your brand unlike before. You can partner with others, vloggers for instance, and ask them to make videos of them trying out your product which you can then publish on your page.
3. Organic Search benefit: Google ranks that information higher that has consistent and current content which is informative and relevant. Even though the algorithms are constantly changing, as long as you don’t engage in spammy sales, Google will recognize your content as useful and rank it higher when a particular word regarding your content is searched by someone. Thus, it is very important that you keep your content updated.
4. A great way for generating leads: The foundation on which any business thrives is new leads and is the sole purpose of marketing. Your business needs new leads in order to buy what you are selling. Through useful content, you can ensure that even strangers can find you. They are the ones who haven’t even made a decision to buy and therefore there is no competition per se. With premium content you can capture this potential.
5. Social media: If you are an expert in your field, then know that there are many others like you trying to do the same. It’s not very difficult to boast anyway, right? Nevertheless, if you constantly build your content through uniqueness and creativity, it is quite possible that your content picks up unimaginable momentum in this digital age and gets seen by many more people than you initially guessed. Moreover, if people are willing to share your content on their accounts on Facebook or Instagram, you’re already way ahead in the game.
No amount of reiteration can emphasize enough that good content marketing, like all other forms of marketing does go a long way in channeling customer attention and therefore, it naturally suffices that you should spend more time thinking about ways in which you can engage your audience better.